menu phone

Compliance with UK immigration laws and sponsorship duties

The UK immigration laws can be complex and compliance is essential for any business. Failure to comply with sponsor licence duties can lead to a downgrade in user rating, suspension or revocation, putting the jobs of existing migrants at risk. We can work with you to ensure that you are and remain compliant.

Home Office compliance visits

If you do have a Home Office visit, we can assist you ahead of and during these visits.

The points-based system

We can advise on the points-based 5 tier visa system which is the main UK immigration route for migrants from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to come to the UK to work, study, invest or set up and run a business.

Sponsor licence

We can assist with the initial application, management and renewal of licences.

Obtaining certificates of sponsorship

Whether you represent a business employing migrant workers, or an educational institution looking for help with a Tier 4 sponsor licence, we can guide you through the requirements of the sponsorship schemes.

Tier 2 – general

We can provide advice and support in connection with applications for Tier 2 General Visas for foreign nationals and intra-company transfers.

Resident Labour Market Test and recruitment processes

We can guide you through this process and the resulting application where you wish to recruit an overseas worker for a role.

Tier 1 – investors

You may be considering a move to the UK under the investor visa or you may already be here. We can help you understand your options, provide you with comprehensive advice on the visa and guide you through the application process. We will work with you beyond the acquisition of the visa to ensure you are set up to remain compliant with your visa and ultimately meet your UK immigration goals.

Tier 1 – entrepreneurs

If you’re a non-European, foreign national wishing to start up and run a business in the United Kingdom, we can assist you with your visa application and related immigration matters.

Dependent family members

We advise on and can make the relevant application(s) for your family members (dependants) who wish to join you in the UK.

Spouses, civil partners and unmarried partners of British citizens

We have many years of experience in assisting migrants to obtain UK visas as spouses, civil partners, unmarried partners, fiancé(e)s.

Switching between relevant immigration categories

We can help you understand the switching rules and assist you with your application.

EEA national applications

Whilst the EEA regulations may appear simple, this is not reflected in the UK application process. Whether in the UK or overseas, we can help to guide you through the Home Office’s requirements.

Indefinite leave and naturalisation applications

Unless you are British by descent, you must apply to be granted British citizenship. Applications can be made by individuals who are married to a British citizen, or by individuals who meet certain criteria for ‘naturalisation’. Do you need help with an application?

Immigration appeals

We can provide professional legal advice and representation in relation to every aspect of pursuing a UK immigration appeal against a refusal of an immigration application.

Contact Us

Please get in touch if you have any immigration matters you would like to discuss

Joanna Atkinson
Practice Director

T: +44 (0)1252 821792

HR, Employment Law and Immigration Solicitors

+44 (0)1252 821792