Providing HR & employment law support
We will either charge on a time basis or a fixed fee basis. Our current hourly rate (which is reviewed annually) is £295 plus VAT (currently charged at 20%). Our fees reflect the level of experience and seniority of our solicitors who deal with immigration matters.
We pride ourselves on providing a service that is both value for money and highly responsive. Given the experience of our solicitors we are able to work with our clients efficiently and effectively. We will always seek to agree fees with you in advance once we are clear about your instructions and the level of support you require.
As we have extensive experience in preparing these applications and in running immigration appeals, we will be able to give you a good estimate of the time and cost of completing this work for you. Examples of the typical amount of work involved in a matter are provided below. However, we should emphasise that the exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in your case and may also be affected by the following factors:
- the amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- which language(s) you speak
- whether you are applying with other dependants
|Application/Appeal||Average time required for legal work|
|Entry clearance & in-country applications (excluding investment related applications)||10 – 15 hours|
|Investment related applications||30 – 50 hours|
|EEA (European Economic Area) applications||7 – 10 hours|
|Applications for British citizenship||7 – 10 hours|
|Travel documents and passport applications||3 – 7 hours|
What the work will involve?
The work we do may involve:
- discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you
- giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria
- if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how
- considering the supporting evidence you have provided
- where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses
- preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf
- liaising with the Home Office as and when necessary and attendance at a Home Office interview if required. If the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you) at the appropriate time
- giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take
Disbursements (not included in costs set out above)
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Any such additional items of expense not included in the costs above may include:
- interpreters/translation fees
- Home Office Fees and associated application fees
- work after a decision has been made in pursing any appeal work
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. Read the current processing times.